Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 18, 2012

    We've added something totally NEW in our Etsy shop!

    Part of being away for a year included finding some limited time to really explore more hobbies, crafts, interests, etc. Although I had done soapmaking in the past, it was always something that was too time AND space consuming when we lived in our much smaller place in New York, and honestly it's a bit pricey to start up with. Last year though, I decided to get back into it, and we (me, my husband, and Bug) have all really taken it and RAN! Now we're at the point where we are adding 3-5 new fragrances to our shop every single week. Crazy, right?

    Well, we went beyond that this week, and introduced a totally new product. It's a bath puff soap on a rope, and it looks like this:

    Bath Puffy Soap on a Rope!

    I tried one, on a whim, and as soon as it was ready, I ran around the house quite literally screaming, "OH MY GOD IT'S JUST AS AWESOME AS I IMAGINED!". Hubby treated me like I lost my mind a bit, but oh well.


    I had considered trying to do a classic soap on a rope, but that left me thinking, "Well, what the heck is someone going to want a leftover rope for? There's got to be something better than this." I was able to find nylon bath puffs for a good price, and it all sort of clicked.

    There is an ENTIRE bath "pouf", "puffy", "scrubby" - whatever you might call it - completely embedded and submerged in a solid soap bar. I left the top rope piece out, because really, you should hang or shelve a soap to dry after using it. (It will help the soap last longer.)

    I've been testing one for the past month, and really, I know I made them but they're just THAT GREAT! They're awesome for kids because everything is contained - it's a combo soap and washcloth in one, and it doesn't get easily lost in the tub. They're HUGE - at just a hair under 10 ounces - double the size of our regular soap bars, and triple the size of a normal retail soap bar - and can last for over a month (depending on frequency of use of course).

    We're introducing these in the shop in Fresh Picked Blueberry, Strawberry Soda Pop, and Good Morning, Sunshine scents, but we can actually make them in custom fragrances as well if requested. And, here's a secret - stop by our Etsy store, and if you want to purchase one, send me a message that you saw it on our blog first, and we'll give you $1 off as well!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment