Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 18, 2009

    Mom Reviews: Suave for Kids 2-In-1 Shampoos



    I have to say, honestly, that I did not anticipate giving this review! I am totally blown away by the quality that I never expected from a kid's shampoo, let alone one at this price.
    I picked up Suave 2-in-1 Shampoo Smoothers for Kids in the Coconut scent on a whim for my four year old son, as I got tired of going through my more expensive shampoo at an alarming rate considering that he's got a super short hairstyle. This shampoo is definitely kid-friendly - the bottle is a bright white and green squeeze style with a cute monkey on the label. The other scents that were available at the store included cherry, dragonfruit, watermelon, strawberry and mango, but I'm really glad we went with the coconut - it's definitely perfect for summer, and the scent is sweet without being overwhelming. I also love that this is a one-step hair washing product - the conditioner is built in so we only have to go through the dreaded wash and rinse routine once, rather than twice. My son despises getting his face wet so anything to shorten the hair process is greatly appreciated from a mom point of view!

    A few claims off the bottle.....
    Well, for starters, the full name of this product is 2 in 1 Shampoo Smoothers for Extra Softness. It is also said to be detangling and tear free. I'm always a bit leery of shampoos that claim to have a built in conditioner, because usually it just doesn't leave you with the same level of softness that you would get from a separate conditioner. Not the case here! In fact, this is probably the best conditioning shampoo I have ever tried. My son's hair is soft and untangled after washing and drying. And, after at least 20 washes using this product, I can definitely agree with the claim of tear free, as there have been no tears (or battles) during scrubbing here! The back of the bottle says "opthamologist-tested formula is tear free and easy on eyes" and we wholeheartedly agree. Also, no one in our family had any sort of skin reaction or irritation at all - a difficult claim in a family full of insanely allergy-prone people.

    Now for the surprising news....
    After running out of my own usual hair products last week, I started using the Suave Smoothers shampoo. I have to say it is a million times better than my (admittedly overpriced) normal choices! It leaves my hair, which is very long and on the very dry side, sleek and smooth with no extra products needed! I have actually converted my entire family over to just this one shampoo now. The other great part? It's incredibly inexpensive! At only $2.49 for a 12 ounce bottle, I bought 10 bottles and put them in the closet, just in case Suave stops making this. I really hope they don't, because I have yet to find a better all-around choice for hair care.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment