Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 18, 2012

    I am a horrible, horrible blogger.

    I didn't mean to be, it just sort of happened, a series of events that began last year and would snowball, accumulate speed, and then finally crash into something vaguely peaceful.

    I was embarrassed for a bit coming back here, logging into blogger a few times this month and staring at the last post date, which glared at me in the same way my cat does when he thinks I'm holding out on sharing some tuna fish with him. It sat there, in big black letters - February 11, 2011. I hadn't logged in for over a year. I was doing so very well with my regular posting and writing once upon a time. I felt guilty for giving it up.

    Then I started to reflect on all the events of the past year leading up to it:
    • Changing jobs (twice) including taking on and then later giving up an 85-miles-one-way commute to and from work; 
    • our decision to take Bug out of school and homeschool instead; 
    • going through a cancer scare with my husband, and then surgery with him later (something we're just beginning to get over); 
    • ending my Ebay business, but opening two other websites; 
    • doing all of this while trying to be a good wife, a good mom, and work two jobs. 
    Maybe I should spend less time feeling guilty, and more time just getting back to writing already. It's going to be a good year.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment