Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 30, 2010

    Updates on the terrors of moving with kids...

    Moving day is very fast approaching at less than 30 days out. If you saw my previous blog post, this has been an absolutely nerve-wracking experience, however the closer the deadline gets, the calmer I'm actually becoming.

    My biggest fear was Bug being upset about moving. We've lived in this house for pretty much his whole life, and I was afraid leaving would be a terrible shock to him. And he didn't even find out the way I had planned. I had wanted to sit him down and talk to him about the changes, and was prepared for him to be very upset. What actually happened? I was on the phone with moving companies trying to get quotes. As the woman asked, "well, where are you moving to?", Bug burst in the door as I was saying "We're moving to Florida from New York." As soon as he heard me, his eyes lit up and he yelled, "We're moving to FLORIDA?!?! I'm gonna go pack my stuff!" And the rest is history. He's spent the last few weeks telling everyone about how we're getting a new house with new rooms and a playground. All I'm waiting for is to find out whether we actually GOT the house, which hopefully I'll know in a day or so.

    So, that's one colossal obstacle down, only, oh..... a hundred or so more to go.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment