Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 30, 2010

    My kid likes Top Chef better than cartoons....

    In a "haven't had my coffee yet" haze at 6:00 this morning, I plopped on the couch with my wide-awake five year old to wake up with a short burst of television while he played with his dinosaurs nearby. Giving up on finding any quality programming at the early hour, I started browsing our cable's On Demand listings to try to find something that, at best, just didn't suck as bad as being out of coffee.

    When I failed to find something that was at least marginally interesting to me while still being family-friendly, I vacantly suggested watching a little Dora the Explorer to Bug. I was more than a little surprised when he answered, "No, I wanna watch the cooking show!" I momentarily racked my brain before realizing the only cooking show we really watch is Top Chef, which I did find is On Demand right now. I checked with him again before putting it on - "You're really sure this is what you want to watch?"

    "Yup." he answered smartly. "I like when they make the amused butts!"

    He was referring to the episode where they have to make an amuse bouche from a breakfast buffet. Either way, my kid is more of a culinary master than I will likely ever be.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment