Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 3, 2009

    Mom Reviews: Birch Soaps


    I cannot resist a new bath product, ever! So, of course, when Birch Soaps gave me the opportunity to try one of their awesome handmade bar soaps, I jumped at the chance.

    Some of the fragrances I had to choose from included Island Coconut, Chocolate Covered Strawberry, Lemon Poppy, Mango, Morning Star (a tropical/citrus blend), and even more. I elected to go with PearBerry, a favorite scent by a certain big-brand bath and body store that they no longer make.

    Within three days, the bar arrived at my house and I could smell the yumminess right through the envelope. I ripped into the package to find a nicely wrapped bar in the same size as your average bar of soap - about five ounces.

    The first thing I did was dash into the bathroom to wash up my hands (even though they weren't dirty) because, well, like I said, I'm obsessive over bath products! The bar lathered up with a rich, luxurious lather and the scent was strong but not overwhelming. I rinsed off and dried up my hands, and I loved how clean they felt. There was no sticky feeling or residue after rinsing - something that is actually fairly common with both store-brands and handmade soaps. Plus, I still had a hint of fragrance on my skin for several hours afterwards!

    I have to say that I am beyond pleased with this soap. We've also used it as a full-body soap in the shower and in the bath with Bug. The scent was pleasant all the way through the bar, and there were no adverse reactions on anyone in the family. We would totally recommend them to anyone!

    In fact, we like them so much that we'll be carrying them in our store later this summer! So, keep your eyes out for a forthcoming giveaway at the launch of Birch Soaps at Bunnies & Buggies Boutique, coming between late July and mid-August.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment