Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 13, 2008

    Mmmm... pancakes

    So, it's a new blog, and a new me.... and I get a lot of questions like, "Adventures in blueberry pancakes? WTF?"

    It's pretty easy really.

    When the kiddo (who is now almost four) was two, one day he said to me, "Mommy, want to make grueberry panplates" (Ahem... blueberry pancakes)

    "Ok......"

    "We need 2 cups flour, 2 eggs, and 2 milks, and grueberries"

    "Um, sure we do, kiddo... let mommy find the Bisquick"

    So I get out the box, and what does the recipe say?

    2 cups bisquick (flour, essentially)
    2 eggs
    2 cups milk
    Blueberries (well, blueberries optional)

    I was stunned. I think we had made pancakes ONCE at that point with him helping. I have no idea where he picked it up from. But I was shocked, that my kid new something more than me already!

    And so it began.... Adventures of Blueberry Pancakes - because every day, he teaches me something new.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment